Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Rhubarb Fizz

If you haven't noticed, I've been a very into making my own drinks and syrups lately. Recently, I made yet another syrup - rhubarb.


It was so simple and so delicious. I used Marissa's recipe from her blog, Food in Jars (I love her blog!). I had  frozen bag of rhubarb pieces, already chopped and everything.  I threw it in a pan with some water and sugar and let it simmer away until the rhubarb was broken down.



After straining it all, I put it in a glass bottle and tucked it into the fridge. I'm planning on mixing with some club soda for a little rhubarb fizz. Add a splash of gin or rum and you have yourself a fancy cocktail!


Update: I tried it mixed with some club soda (about a 1:3 ratio of rhubarb to soda) and a squeeze of lime and it was delicious! Be sure to stir it up - the syrup stays on the bottom if left not stirred.


2 comments: