Sunday, March 10, 2013

Fabric galore!!!

I was in a little part of heaven this weekend.  My sister and I had our 3rd sister craft day and we ventured to the fashion district of LA to track down some seriously cute fabric. Mission accomplished. 

My good friend, Jo, told me about the amazing fabric store known as Michael Levine. Holy cow is it amazing. Overwhelmingly amazing. I only wish I had remembered to put my memory card back in my camera so the pictures below would do it justice.

Look at all that fabric!!! And that's just one section of the store!

 Caryn with our bolts of red fabrics for the advent calendar.

 Jo starting the decision making process with her fabric choices.

 Me realizing that not only do they carry a vast amount of fabric, but yarn too!!

"There's nothing like the feeling of fresh cut fabric!"

And here below are the final five that made the cut:

And what's a girl to do when she sees some blue and yellow (the picture makes the yellow fabric look a little green-ish, I promise it's yellow in real life) adorable fabric that coordinate so well?! I already have a few projects in mind for this color/pattern combo...


All in all, the day was a raging success.


Time to get some crafting on. Happy weekend.

2 comments:

  1. oh, you found some fun fabrics ~ happy crafting !
    I have heard/seen photos from other bloggers about the fabric stores in the LA fabric district, it looks like an inspiring and wonderful shopping experience... I dream of going there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well! Now you have me wanting to go fabric shopping!!! The selections that make up the "final cut" - I love them to pieces! Can't wait to see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete