Friday, November 2, 2012

We're in!

Great news! Beth and I are officially accepted to the 2012 Los Angeles Swedish Christmas Fair (aka Lucia festival)! Woooooo!  We are so stoked and have been frantically creating and brainstorming things to make.  

My mom sent me some awesome supplies to get me started (thanks, mom!), including the adorable fabric you see below (direct from the motherland) and that cute ribbon too.


And she has the really cool cookie stamps in different Scandinavian shapes that I used to make ornaments with.  Below is one of St. Lucia.


She also sent stamps of a Dala horse, snowflake, advent candle, and heart.  I used them to stamp into a preservable dough (tutorial to come later), then cut them out with an antique biscuit cutter Ryan and I found at an antique shop in Paso Robles a month back.  I will get better pictures of them later to show you all.  After the fair, I will put some up in my Etsy shop too, so stay tuned!


And I also made these little guys from some cinnamon dough.  I used my IKEA cookie cutters and poked holes with a straw.  They smell amazing!


I've made a few other things too, but haven't had time to take photos yet.  More to come!

And speaking of Scandinavian Christmas things, I still have a few slots open for guest bloggers for the Scandinavian Christmas series this year if you'd like to join! Or, if you know of someone who would like to, please have them email me.  

Happy Friday!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You're going to be busy for a few weeks. I look forward to seeing your creations. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! I am definitely feeling busy! :)

      Delete
  2. Yay! I'm so happy for you!
    I can't wait to see everything you make, but so far your ornaments are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Is right, congratulations! Everything you have shown thus far is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! This is awesome news! Wish you were coming to our Portland Scanfaire. I am NOT missing that this year. But I would love to visit your booth at yours. I wish you a wonderful journey from making through selling.

    Thank you for reminding me of cinnamon dough! Now I know what to do with my Dala, reindeer and moose cutters!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, fabulous Scandi creations. the stamps are gorgeous! i'm jealous!
    looking forward to more of your posts of this type :)
    oh such a shame we dont have St Lucia festivals in the UK :-/

    ReplyDelete