Monday, April 9, 2012

Nut-butter trio

I have to admit, ever since I made that jazzy almond butter, I can't stop making nut-butters...I'm just so addicted!  I figure there are worse things to be addicted to so I'm going to go ahead and keep cranking out the jars of delicious PB, almond and sunflower butters until I am OD'd on nut-butters.

And to be honest, the sunflower butter isn't my favorite, but it's pretty good with a drizzle of honey on toast.  The spiced almond butter is definitely my favorite.  And the PB was more a novelty to make myself.  Definitely less sweet than your store-bought counterpart, naturally.  


I think I will continue to make the PB and spiced almond butter but perhaps forego another batch of sunbutter.  Even the color looks kinda gross in the photos. Haha.


Unrelated but just as fun, Ryan and I had a blast over at my sister and bro-in-laws' place over this past Easter weekend grilling, eating, gaming, and hanging out with the cutest nephew ever.

He just cracks me up, he's one funny kiddo.


Happy Monday?

3 comments:

  1. Delicious! Do you use a regular blender? I wish my kids' school could allow nuts and nut butters. We save peanut butter for the weekends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used my mini-prep food processor! I love it but actually wish I had a full-sized one. I never how easy they were to make!

      Delete
  2. Those look great! I haven't made nut butter in a long time. I bet my boys would love it.

    ReplyDelete