Saturday, April 14, 2012

New knits and a Scandinavian fest

If you live in the Los Angeles area and are interested in Scandinavian things (or even if you just like a good cup of cofffee), you should come check out the Scandinavian Festival taking place at Cal Lutheran University this upcoming weekend, April 14 and 15.  Ryan and I, along with a few fellow Scandinavians, will be checking it out Sunday afternoon.  And I think it's safe to say tha Ryan and I are equally excited to see the ABBA Girlz perform.  :)

I will post pictures sometime next week and let you non-LA folk know how it went.

Unrelated to the upcoming festival, I've been working on a new knitting project this week:


I'm trying out a new stitch I haven't used before, the zig zag.  I think it's pretty fun, but in retrospect wish I had used a solid color so you could see the design better.  Alas, next time.



I started knitting the swatch without a specific thing in mind and now that it's coming along I think I may make it into a pillow? Maybe...we'll see.  I used a yarn combo of the Vanna's Glamour and a gray rayon blend.  I really love grays and yellows together.

When I knit, I often listen to random music on Spotify.  Recently I've been a little obsessed with this band, the Ditty Bops, and this song, "Sister Kate".  It's fantastic! However, I don't believe the video does the song justice.  I highly recommend you give them a listen on Spotify.  And the title of their most recent album cracks me up: Jelly for President: Yes we Jam! (Ha!)


Well, that's about all I have for today.  Hope you all have a lovely weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment