Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Baby blanket

Despite the hot weather here in SoCal last week, I've been knitting up a storm.  I just started  knitting this baby blanket for my sister - woo!


I don't think I've shared the news yet here, but one of my sister's (I have 3) is expecting again! Wooooo! I love being an aunt!  It's like the best of both worlds.  You get to hang out and love a cute little kiddo but still get a full nights sleep.  I love my sleep. A lot.


That being said, I just started this chevron baby blanket pattern.  I'm using a pattern from Purl Bee (love their patterns and blog!) and it's coming along rather quickly.  It's knit on size 11 circular needles and is a relatively simple pattern if you're a beginner knitter.  I highly recommend it!  

It's going to be striped white, light gray, and light green.  I bought a skein of yellow too, but can't decide if I like it combined with the green...we'll see what happens there.  They aren't finding out the sex of the baby so I am trying to keep it to neutral colors.


In other news, Ryan just has 1 more month of school!!!!  Yay!!! : D

1 comment: