Monday, March 28, 2011

Back in America

Nikko 2010

I know I've been absent from the blogging world for a while, so let me catch you up to speed:

After the earthquake, tsunami and nuclear problems in Japan, Ryan and I decided to move back to America 3 weeks earlier than we had planned. We arrived in Texas about a week ago, where I spent some wonderful days with Ryan and his family (after some not-so-wonderful days frantically packing and moving out of our apartments in Japan). I then flew back to Michigan and drove down to Chicago with my parents to visit family there. I just arrived back home (Michigan) yesterday and am still busy unpacking, organizing and locating all my crafting items in order to start crafting in order to start blogging again! Phew. I'm tired.

It's been a whirlwind of events and emotions since I've been back. I already miss my friends and life in Japan but am also overjoyed to be with family again.

There is so much to be done in Japan and every donation helps, if you want to make a donation here are a couple reliable places to make one:





6 comments:

  1. Glad you're back home safe and sound, but I would imagine part of you is left in Japan. I cannot imagine the utter devastation and absolute heartbreak that the Japanese people must be going through and will for such a long time to come. I plan on making donations for some time to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack! We must have just missed you in Chicago! SO glad you are back home safe! That must have been some frantic packing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very good news to know you are safe and back home with your family.

    Thank you for all the effort it must have taken to get the message to all of us to let us know you were safe.

    There are so many thoughts and feelings to share and yet I don't know where to begin. So for now, I will simply send you love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone!

    Lisa- I can't believe we just missed each other in Chicago!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathryn, it's so good to hear from you again, I was beginning to worry!
    I understand it must be such an up and down emotional chaos for you at the moment. Keep your head up, it will slow down!
    all the best
    yaga

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the encouragement, Yaga! :)

    ReplyDelete